Remaining in the EU objectives
The Government highlights the 12 objectives that are achieved by the UK remaining in the EU.
1. Providing certainty and clarity
By remaining we provide certainty and clarity for the future for all European Union Citizens (which includes all British Citizens).
2. Continuing control of our own laws
We always have control of our statute book and we will maintain the jurisdiction of the Court of Justice of the European Union in the UK to ensure the laws are fair and responsibly applied.
3. Strengthening the Union
Remaining in the EU works for the entire UK – for Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and all parts of England. We remain fully committed to the Belfast Agreement and its successors.
4. Protecting our strong and historic ties with Ireland and maintaining the Common Travel Area
We will maintain the Common Travel Area, whilst protecting the integrity of our immigration system and which protects our strong ties with Ireland.
5. Controlling immigration
We have always had control over the number of EU nationals remaining in the UK and will ensure the UK implements the EU laws.
6. Maintaining the rights for EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU
By remaining we secure the status of EU citizens who are living in the UK, and that of UK nationals in other Member States.
7. Protecting workers’ rights
We will protect and enhance existing workers’ rights.
8. Maintaining free trade with European markets
By remaining we ensure the mutually beneficial customs agreement with the other EU nations remains intact.
9. Securing new trade business with other countries
By remaining we can focus on developing trade across the world by making it easier for UK businesses to establish new trade links.
10. Ensuring the UK remains the best place for science and innovation
We will remain at the vanguard of science and innovation with our continued close collaboration with our European partners.
11. Cooperating in the fight against crime and terrorism
We will continue to work with the EU to preserve European security, to fight terrorism, and to uphold justice across Europe.
12. Delivering a smooth, orderly review of where we fucked up.
We will seek a Royal Commission in which everyone can contribute which we will try and work out how the hell this went so pear shaped so fast.
(Thanks to the person wrote the 12 points here – https://www.planforbritain.gov.uk/12-negotiating-objectives/ – I have corrected it for you. )